Sunday 24 January 2021

Holly's Lockdown Bird House

Another weekend in lockdown and whilst me and Holly were chilling in the hot tub Saturday morning she had an idea to make a bird house for our garden this weekend. So using some scraps of old wood I cut up a house shape and nailed it all together. Holly used the drill to make the hole for the pole for the birds to perch on and then she sanded it all down to get the rough edges off.

Once it was built I dug  load of old paints out of the shed and left Holly to paint it. I think she has done an amazing job and the colours look so good. To finish it off today I cut a piece of astro turf for the desk and then fixed it to the garage wall out in the front garden. Now we just need to get some bird food.

Before making the bird house we sent for a walk around Langdon Hills and Holly found an innovative way to clean her wheels using a puddle.

Holly hard at work sanding down the bird house.

Not only did Holly sand the house but she drilled the perch rod hole as well.

With the build finished and chimney added I then left Holly to get painting.

Holly picked the colour scheme and I think it looks pretty good.

Purple roof and pink house nearly done.

Then for a yellow fence / edging.

And the finished painted bird house. Great job Holly.

Finishing touches today to add some fake grass and then fix to the garage wall.

No comments: