Sunday 22 January 2023

Joshua Experiments with Vapes!!!!

As always, I try and be impartial and write about the good and the bad on the blog. Part of the intention of this is to hope that the bad things can be turned in to positives by learning from what went wrong and hopefully not making the same mistakes again. That is certainly the case here where I found a stash of vapes in Joshua's bedroom whilst having a little tidy out earlier this week.

To say I was extremely disappointed was an understatement. He is older enough to have seen first hand what smoking done to his nan and granddad, and I had really hope all the kids had learnt their lesson from that. Smoking and vaping is absolutely unacceptable in my opinion and I will not allow this whilst the kids are dependent on me.

Initially Josh tried to lie his way out of it by saying they were his mates and he was just looking after them (must think I was born yesterday). After about 20 mins I soon got him to come clean and own up. Apparently he has been "experimenting" for about two months and I am kind of disappointed with myself that it took this long to find out. God only knows where he has got the money from and who has been buying them for him. We estimate there is some £50 to £100 quids worth here and I assume as he is a big lad for his age, he has not been questioned when purchasing.

Anyway we have had a long discussion about this and I made him go and google all the health implications of vaping so to be sure he understands what he is doing. I made it clear I am unhappy as he is using my money to buy something I completely disagree with and potentially shortening his life in the process! He assures us it is just a fad he was trying, perhaps peer pressure and that he is now over it. Let's hope so.......

Anyway as punishment we have decided he is going to lose 2 months pocket money which we think is about the value of the vapes that he had stashed, and then donate this to St Lukes Hospice or Cancer Research.

Joshua's disappointing stash of vapes found in his bedroom. I hope to never find this again!

No comments: