Friday 17 February 2023

Game of Throwing

To give me a break from painting the gym/garage and to give the kids something to do in the half term, I treated them to the Game of Throwing axe throwing experience in Chelmsford today. Holly was too young to participate so Tina took her over to Jump Street for some trampolining whilst me and the boys had a go at the axe throwing.

It was the first time any of us had tried axe throwing and I have to say it was really fun. The hour sessions whizzed by so quickly and I think we managed to get about 5 or 6 games in. I won the most, Joshua managed to win one game and Brandon cheated somewhat on the penultimate game to claim a draw with Joshua in a game where they fixed it for me to lose!!

So it was nice to show the boys that there is still life in the old dog yet and I can still whip their butt at certain activities. Even more impressive is that we found a physical / sporty type of activity which Brandon is no good at. He really was struggling and certainly not having as much fun as me and Josh. Because of his slight build he had to rely on the two handed overhead technique as opposed to the single arm used by me and Josh. Even with the double hand technique Brandon would often find his first axe of each round would not stick in the wood.

First time trying the Game of Throwing axe throwing in Chelmsford.

The old dog showing the young Jedi's how it is done and whipping their butts.

Josh did good and really pushed me in a few rounds. His size meant he could easily single arm throw.

Brandon was not enjoying it so much and because he was struggling he actually told the staff he was bored (sore loser!).

Brandon using the double arm overhead technqiue.

But still had to pick more axes off of the floor than pull them out of the wood.

Joshua was doing really well and his a good few 6's over the session.

But there was only one champ today.

Game 1 and you can see how Brandon was struggling. Don't ask why he called himself "dumbass" given his is the smartest out of all 3 of us!

Game 3 and Joshua pushed me hard in a very close game, pipping me by 2 points.

But then I really found my stride and got a monster score of 42.

A lot of cheating in the penultimate game, but Brandon claimed a draw/win.

No comments: