Friday 17 December 2010

Fatherhood Gem

I still consider myself relatively new to fatherhood having only been a Dad for 3 and a bit years. But in those 3 and a bit years I have read books, trawled the internet and spoken to many other parents in order to learn as much as I can about being the best Dad possible. In this short time I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and have often thought that I should start writing down some of my fatherhood tips. However yesterday I was given a gem of a fatherhood tip, the tip of all tips for any Dad and I am just annoyed I never thought of this baby myself as it would have saved me a lot of money over the last summer. I guess you are all on the edge of your seats wondering just what this gem of a tip is by now. Well let me put you out of your misery. Whilst having a manly chat about children with some fellow work colleagues who are all Dad’s, one of the Dad’s asked if I knew the tip about ice cream vans. Obviously I said no. Well get this – tell your children that the ice cream van only plays his music to let people know he has ran out of ice-cream. Pure genius………

Other updates……. Brandon has a girlfriend called Millie and gets very shy when you mention her (how cute!). Joshua and Brandon are both singing “jingle bells” and “we wish you a merry xmas” – I will try and get it on video soon. The PNP Santa videos went down very well. Brandon did not show too much interest in his video, but Joshua was fascinated with his message from Santa and seemed really amazed that Santa had a book on him which included pictures from his birthday, holiday etc.

No comments: