Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Pt.II

After all the food and drink this Christmas I have had to knuckle back into training straight after Boxing day to keep the pounds from piling on. The boys have come with me to the gym each day to play in the soft play area whilst I have a workout or a run. Today I heard some magical words from Joshua as we got ready for the gym. He said to me "Daddy, I go gym with you not soft play". I live for the day when my boys can come to the gym for a workout with their Daddy or go out for a run with me, more so than the day when they are old enough to be able to legally buy their Dad a pint! When we left for the gym Joshua even insisted on wearing his "running shoes (trainers)" like Daddy and not his boots. I am so pleased that my enthusiasm for sport is rubbing off on the little guys at such a young age.

One thing which Joshua has not picked up from me is his recent saying "your not my friend anymore!". When ever he gets told off or disciplined he usually comes out with "your not my friend anymore" in a very stroppy tone. Brandon has a habit of mimicking absolutely everything that Joshua does and has now also picked up on this saying, however his ability to string a sentence along is not as good as Joshua's. So you tell him off and he yells back, "best friend" which is quite amusing.

Anyway onto some more Christmas updates. The boys were spoilt rotten with gifts from all the family and on boxing day they received these two matching motorised quads from Nanny, Grandad, Nicky, Paul, Zoe and Amy. Brandon didn't quite seem to get the concept of pushing the button and needed help. Joshua was off and running buy being the little speed demon that he is, was complaining that they were not fast enough. However he has since asked to go on them several times so he obviously enjoys his quad.




Here is nice picture of the two boys wearing their Norge jumpers which Auntie Lisa and Uncle Dave brought back from their recent trip to Norway. How cool are these?


This year was the first year that we decided to buy a family Christmas present and given the age spread this is no easy task. This year we swung slightly in favour of the older generation by buying the Playstation Move. You might think this is a bit advanced for a 3 year old and a near 2 year old, but I can tell you now that Joshua is  a dab hand at the bug swatting game in "Start the party" and is a bit of a know it all when it comes to telling other people what you do.


Brandon just seems to enjoy watching himself on TV and has not made the link that he moves his arms to move on the screen and kill the bugs. Also Brandon has not yet learnt the concept of sharing and taking turns unlike his brother. Therefore we often get the "Brandon Rage" when his go is over and we have to retrieve the controller for someone else to have a go.






No comments: