Tuesday 9 July 2019

Fishing with Tom

Joshua has really got in to his fishing this season and has pretty much taught himself how to use the rod he got for his birthday last year instead of using the roach pole. Most evening's after school he meets up with his mate Tom and they head over to the lake and sit there fishing until called home for dinner. One night last week they reckon they reeled in some 23 roach!

I think it is good that they have found an outdoor activity that they really enjoy and it is getting them in the fresh air and off of the PlayStation. When Josh is indoors and isn't fishing he is normally watching "Hot Tuna" or "Robson Greene - Extreme Fishing"? Not sure where he gets this keenness for fishing from because I find it dead boring. I've had to teach myself how the reel works just so that I can help with untangling and also re-reeling new lines on their reels.

Josh and his mate Tom off for some fishing after school.

No comments: