Monday 3 August 2020

Holly's 3-Tier Fairy Garden

Auntie Lisa has been planning to create a 3-tier fairy garden with Holly for several weeks now and in preparation Holly has been working hard all week preparing fairy dust. You would not believe the hours that Holly has sat there filling little pots by grinding chalk sticks into dust to make plenty of fairy dust for the new fairy garden.

Anyway Lisa and David came around yesterday and the 3-tier fairy garden is complete and looks absolutely amazing. Holly thoroughly enjoyed making the garden and then laughed when it was time for me to try and pick it up and carry it out to the front of the house!!! There is even a secret compartment hidden in the fairy garden which contains a bottle of fairy dust (but I am sworn to secrecy to to reveal its location!).

Whilst Holly was working on this, I was busy re-living my youth as Lisa had bought around and old Tomy Caveman handheld arcade game which I absolutely loved when I was the boys age. I spent hours and hours dodging lava, throwing clubs at dinosaurs and stealing eggs. This is proper gaming, not all this online X-Box/PS4 stuff the boys are in to. Clearly I still have it as I already hold the record and the two so called "gamers" of the house (Josh and Brandon) can't get anywhere near me. In fact Holly is probably better than them and has picked it up really quickly.

Holly spent hours each day this week grinding up fairy dust.

Lisa and Holly commence work on the 3-tier beast of a fairy garden.

I thought gardeners were supposed to have green fingers?

The 3-tiers are done and the fairy ornaments in place.

Next is the planting.

Then the gems and stones to cover the compost.

And after a struggle to carry it through the house, the new fairy garden now resides next to the previous one.

The finished garden looks absolutely stunning.

And whilst all this was going on, I was getting down to some proper "gaming"!.

I hate to think how much of my youth was spent playing this game. What a classic.

No comments: