Tuesday 11 May 2021

Joshua's "Cool" New Face After a Bike Accident

Much to my dissatisfaction Joshua refuses to wear a cycle helmet on his bike whenever he is not out cycling with me. I have told him time and time again how I feel about this and showed him some very horrific pictures of head injuries which could have been prevented had the rider of been wearing a helmet. But apparently it is not "cool" to wear a helmet and he has peer pressure from older kids in school that apparently take the mickey.

Well  yesterday Joshua slid off his bike whilst giving his mate a "backie" to school and ended up breaking his fall with his face. It may sound cruel, but I previously told him that if he has a bike accident and isn't wearing a helmet - don't call me to come and help him. If your wearing a helmet then I'll be the first one there to help out. So I stuck to my word and made him walk his bike all the way home with his injuries, and to make matters worse there was a couple of downpours of rain! Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. The numbskull still hasn't learnt his lesson though and still rode to school today without a helmet!!!!!


Joshua's new "cool" look after modifying his face with a bike accident.

No comments: