Tuesday 9 November 2021

Bonoween 2021

After pretty much cancelling Bonoween 2020 due to Covid we were very pleased to be able to host in 2021 and resume usual Bonoween business. It was absolutely fabulous to have all the family together again to enjoy some freakish food and some Halloween antics and has left me feeling really excited about Boxing Day this year.

We were a bit lazy with our costumes this year and simply bought the set pf Squid Game masks. However it was really good to see others had made more of an effort. I think we all agreed the winning fancy dress this year was Nicky's frog costume.

As to the recipes, well my pumpkin cheesecake suffered a bit of a bake-off moment. As the metal tin was lifted the cheese filling wasn't quite set and started to rapidly spread sideways. I was so disappointed as I have made many cheesecakes and never had this happen - I can only put it down to the moisture in the pumpkin. The taste was still very good, it just looked a mess. So that opened the door for Nicky to swoop in again and win the recipe competition with a rather nice cheese fondant served in an open pumpkin with some nice fresh bread.

Then last but not least I was lazy yet again with a boring and predictable Squid Game logo pumpkin carving which was resound idly beaten by Amy's ghost carving. Anyway the evening was a real blast with a few silly games, lots of food and some sparklers as well.

This should have won the recipe comp - however we bought it from Cadbury World and didn't make it.


Loads of freakish food ready for the family to arrive.

Nicky's winning frog costume.

Amy's gory face paint which left Rory a bit confused.

Shay had the purge mask which is what I wanted to get for me and the boys.

Michael was Coco, although I thought it was more Cobra-kai.

Min, Lea and Holly.

Scary bride Holly.

Rory as Captain America.

Holly teaching Rory how to play some games.

Amy and Shay going at it on the curling game.

Nicky preparing her cheese fondont.

The winning recipe for 2021.

The Bake-Off moment when my cheese cake fails!

From left to right, Holly's, Joshua's, Brandon's, mine and the Amy's pumpkin carvings.

David enjoying some sparkler fun.

Holly loved the sparklers.

Your never too old for a sparkler.

Lisa playing with sparklers (keeping her mask on as she wasn't feeling well).

Auntie Lea and Matt.

It was as much as I could do to keep up with lighting the sparklers for everyone. As fast as I got one lit, someone's ran out.

But I got a little go on the very last sprkler.

Amy and Shay.

More of Holly.

Brandon made it out of the house for a sparkler or two (not sure Josh bothered).

Yes David was wearing a Xmas jumper!!!!!!!!

And to finish, here is our Bonoween 2021 family picture.

No comments: