Sunday 21 May 2023

Lumi Recovery Pod Ice Bath

Tina ordered me a Lumi Recovery Pod Ice Bath for my birthday which was on back order and only just arrived this week. These ice bath's have become some popular later and I have been desperate to jump on the bandwagon to help with physical and mental health. They are supposed to be pretty incredible in terms of reducing inflammation, heart rate, improved blood circulation, release of endorphins and so on.

Well we have only had it set-up for 4 or 5 days and I have to say it is pretty amazing, Me and Holly are the only one who use as the others are all "snowflakes". The recommended time to spend in the ice bath is 3 minutes and both me and Holly have been doing this twice a day (first thing in the morning) and then after the hot tub in the evening. It can be a bit of a struggle when you first get in the ice bath, but my god do you feel great when you get out. Really pleased with this addition to our gym/garden.

Just chilling and controlling that breathing on my first attempt in our new ice bath.

At the end of my 3 minutes I go for a full head dunk.

Holly's face says it all, it is cold.

But she is fearless and has used it more than me so far!

As we have an ice machine at home I have been keeping a bag of ice on stock in the freezer and then popping in 10 mins before using the pod.

Holly is addicted and has no issues going shoulder deep for the full 3 mins.

No comments: