Thursday 18 May 2023

Lumi Recovery Pod

Better late than never. Today I received a very belated birthday present which Tina ordered for me bout 5 weeks ago. It is a Lumi Recovery Pod ice bath. Cold plunges have become all the rage recently and proven to be very good for reducing inflammation, improving circulation/blood flow, mental health and so much more. Since recovering from training is getting harder and harder with the older I get, I figured I have nothing to lose with using one of these daily.

Anyway we set it up tonight and filled it with cold water and a bag of ice. I went first with a target to try and last 30 seconds for my first time and then build on that until I can hold 3 mins daily. I surprised myself by last 1 min 30 and started to feel very comfortable in there. Holly was absolutely desperate to use it and followed straight after me and also managed to boss it to a very respectable 1 min 30 seconds. Joshua, Brandon and Tina are all snowflakes and won't go anywhere near it. I have to say I felt absolutely amazing once I got out of it today.

So a daily morning dip in the cold plunge will now become part of mine and Holly's daily routine.

Holly's first time in the cold plunge.

Initial shock factor of the freezing cold water.

But she mans up and goes all the way down to her shoulders for 1 min 30 seconds.

This could become a dangerous game as me and Holly compete for who can last longest.

But I went a step further and dunked my whole head under the water.

That's how to get cold.



No comments: