Monday 14 July 2008

Nursery Day 1

Well today was the big day - Joshua's first full day at nursery. Like a proud Dad I had the honour of dropping him off after first taking Tina to work. Things started badly when the little man broke into tears as soon as we walked into the baby room. My macho exterior couldn't hide the tears in my eyes and the lump in my throat at the thought of leaving him there. One of the staff took Joshua and gave him his bottle and then some toast which soon settled him down.

During the morning he was a bit grizzly and therefore I decided to go for a run lunchtime as an excuse to call in and see how things were going. When I arrived he was sat on the floor with another baby playing with some toys. I was told everything was going well and therefore I crept out without Joshua seeing me and went off for my run.

Lunchtime Joshua polished off half a chicken curry followed by half of his ice cream and pears (well impressed they got him to eat off of a spoon as he has only been having finger food from us lately). After lunch he settled down a lot more and they took him outside in the play area to get some fresh air. After this he had an afternoon nap in a bouncer chair which is where I found him when I went to collect him at around 4:20. You would not believe how slow that last hour at work went waiting to go and see how he was.

Overall I would say today went very well for his first day and could have been a lot worse. As to the poll, I suppose you are all wondering how long it was before that first phone call was made - well it was under half an hour!

No comments: