Thursday 21 August 2008

Olympic Sprints

Yesterday I had to work from home again since Joshua was sent home from nursery due to some loose nappies the previous day. The little boy was fine and I took him to the doctors just to be sure, but I think it was a case of the nursery still learning about him and being a bit over cautious.


Anyway move over Usian Bolt - theres a new sprinter in town. It would appear Joshua has been watching plenty of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and has decided to get in training for London 2012. Whilst I was sitting there quietly doing my e-mails the little man managed to pull himself up on his walker for the first time and was off darting from one side of the living room to the other completely unassisted - and much quicker than "Lightning Bolt's" 9.69 secs! Fortunately I managed to capture the moment on video so that Tina could see it. Having said that Joshua was happy to provide a repeat performance in the conservatory once Tina got in from work.




Also Joshua now has his first German book! I have got into the bad habit of buying Joshua something every time I travel (something I may regret in years to come when his demands become more expensive or the family expands!). Anyway since I was in Kerpen last week I picked him up a little German car book with a wooden car. "Mein Name ist Joshua und ist hier mein neues Auto und Buch".



No comments: