Thursday 20 January 2011

The Long Arm Story

Joshua came out with another one of those classic children’s comments a few nights back which gave me a good chuckle. When I take him to bed now we usually read a 2nd story laying in his bed and to save disturbing him I have started to take the remote control for his lights/fan with me. So once we finish the story I can turn the lights off without having to get up and disturb him. Anyway we finished the story and I hit the button to turn the lights off which took him by surprise. He asked how the lights went off and I told him that I turned them off. His comment was, “have you got long arms then Daddy” – obviously he was confused as to how I reached the light switch from laying on his bed.

Brandon seems to be showing a very keen interest in dressing up. I think I previously mentioned that he wears Joshua’s Fireman costume more than Joshua does. Well at nursery he also loves dressing up and 9 times out of 10 when you go to collect him he will be walking around with a hat on, or some sort of jacket with a bag thrown over an arm. Apparently the nursery staff say he loves dressing up and wears the costumes all day. So it looks like we will be buying him some costumes for his birthday.

Final update today is regarding table manners. I have often been criticised for eating the right way – i.e. with the fork in your right hand. I have always argued that the whole purpose of using a fork is to transport food from plate to mouth. So if you are right handed then why would you not use your right hand for such an important function. Well both boys also use the right hand for the fork – woohoo. Looks like I win that battle. So no matter how many restaurants we go to where the cutlery will be laid the wrong way around – me and the boys still eat the right way around.

1 comment:

Nicky xxx said...

I'm with you all with holding my fork in my right hand whilst eating. I swap hands to cut things up, then swap back to eat them xxx