Wednesday 13 November 2013

Braxton Hicks or Roast Chicken

So with under 3 weeks left until the official due date for Bubba, we had our first scare on Sunday. As usual I took the boys swimming and badminton mid-afternoon and Tina stayed at home to rest. When we returned she had started to have some quite painful contractions, but no sign of her waters breaking. So I took over cooking the Sunday roast and she curled up on the sofa in rather a lot of pain.

I explained to Joshua and Brandon that this could be a sign that baby wants to come out now and that they needed to leave Mummy alone for a while. Joshua was a little diamond and kept asking if Tina wanted a drink or anything to eat. Then every time she had another contraction he would come running out to the kitchen and tell me “Mummy just had another one and its getting more painful, I think we need to take her to the hospital now!”. Bless him, he was so keen to take her to the hospital and kept saying “I don’t mind, I’ll go with you”.

However it was all a false alarm as after eating most of the Sunday roast the contractions seemed to fade away and Bubba was showing no signs of an early arrival. So was this a case of Braxton Hicks and is the baby due imminently? Or was this a cunning plan by Tina to get out of cooking the Sunday roast and then having to wash-up afterwards? All we now know after another mid wife appointment today is that the head is well and truly engaged so the birth really could be any day now.


So with the birth due any day now, why not use this time to take a guess at the sex, birth date and weight of the baby. I have added my prediction as a comment on the blog entry titled “2, 4, 6 or 8 weeks?” which was posted on 21st October. It would be great to have everyone prediction’s logged as a comment and eventually get printed into one of my blog books for the baby. So click on add comment and make your predictions today.

No comments: