Friday 1 January 2016

New Years Day Bowling

For the second year running both the boys stayed up to see the New Year in. Neither really showed any sign of being tired and really enjoyed watching the London fireworks on TV and then singing Old Langs Syne. Surprisingly they only slept in until around 8am despite staying up until around 12:45 last night. Joshua and Brandon were both really getting in to the old New Year jokes like "I'm not going to school until next year!", "I haven't exercised since last year", "I haven't eaten since last year!" and so on.
 
To celebrate the New Year we had a really enjoyable round of bowling at Basildon Hollywood Bowl. I was letting Holly take about 50% of my goes and she was absolutely loving it. Subsequently I came last, but that being said I think I hit more "zeros" than she did so I can't fully blame her. Joshua finished 3rd, Brandon 2nd and Tina was 1st. This was my first visit the Hollywood Bowl since they have refurbished it and I have to say I love the old American Car table and chairs. I so want one of these for in the garden, how great would that be for summer BBQ's?
 
Me and the kiddies enjoying a New Years day visit to Hollywood Bowl.

My three superstars.

Holly enjoying her first bowling experience with the family. Although trying to lift a bowling ball is like a strong man lifting one of the Atlas stones.

No comments: