Wednesday 6 January 2016

Roman Day

This term Joshua is learning all about Romans at school and today he had to dress up as a Roman. Tina tried to order him a Roman costume off of Amazon and unfortunately by yesterday evening it had not arrived. I asked her to check up on it and it was still in the shopping cart - she had forgotten to check out!!!! So with no time left me and Joshua had to come up with a plan B. So with a load of coloured card and a few pictures from google we decided to make him a homemade Roman costume.
 
I have to say that given the limited time and materials available I think we did a good job and nailed the brief. Unfortunately the Velcro on the sides didn't hold together for long at school and it sounds like he didn't wear his costume much. I hope he gets credit for making a costume though rather than just buying one like everyone else.
 
Joshua in his homemade Roman costume.

No comments: