Sunday 6 March 2016

Mothers Day 2016

Mothers Day 2016 has been just as busy as any other weekend. Both boys were scheduled to have football matches, however Joshua's was cancelled as the opposition only had 3 players! So our morning was a little easier and then mid afternoon I had to head over to Rayleigh Crossfit for Round 2 of the Crossfit Open Games. The 16.2 WOD was real tough but I managed to get a respectable 166 score which has moved me up to 11th in the England Masters age group.
 
After the gym we got the boys homework done and then prepared to take Tina out for a nice Mothers Day meal at the Toby Carvery. We had a really enjoyable roast dinner followed by ice cream and with none of the cooking and cleaning to go with it! All 3 kids ate really well and were very well behaved in the restaurant which made it a relaxing evening out.
 
For Mothers Day the kids got Tina a walk in green house for the garden, some chocolates, a knitting book, a Mum music CD, a best Mum certificate and a basket of flowers. Joshua also wanted the Justin Beiber CD so come up with a cunning plan to buy it for his Mum for Mothers Day knowing that she wouldn't want it and then he could have it!!! The boys also did Tina a nice painting each and made her a herb flower pot at school. So a good haul of presents for this year.
 
 
Me and Joshua built up Tina's new green house for the garden.

Brandon sets to work on his painting for Tina's Mothers Day present.

Handsome Brandon proudly shows his finished work of art. Very nice.

Lovely detail with the acrylic paints.
 
Tina and the kids at the Toby Carvery for a nice Mothers Day meal.
Holly enjoying her dinner and eating very nicely.
The boys had an interesting pudding where they got to make their own ice cream sundae.
Brandon with his ice cream sundae that he made.
 
 
Of course Mothers Day is always a day of very mixed emotions for me and whilst I do my best to make it special for Tina, my thoughts are still with my own Mum who was so cruelly taken from us a few years back at the hands of cancer. It still kills me that Holly will never get to know my Mum and her Nanny in person and I'd give anything just to have another hour with her.
 
A rose for my Mum and the kids Nanny on Mothers Day.
 
Gone but never forgotten. The best Mum in the world.

No comments: