Thursday 21 July 2016

Summer of 1980 Versus Summer of 2016 - Paddling Pool Pictures

Summer arrived in style this week with temperatures hitting over 30 degrees. In an attempt to try and cool the kiddies down we got the inflatable waterslide out at the weekend and then Monday night out came the paddling pool. I managed to find some old photos of me, Michael, Lisa and Nicky playing in our paddling pool as kids. I reckon these pictures are probably somewhere around 1980 which would put me at about the same age as Joshua now. So we tried to recreate some of the picture from old.
 
Circa 1980, me holding up something in a paddling pool (hopefully thats not a shot) and Michael laying down.
 
Skip forward to 2016 and its Joshua laying down with Joshua next to him.

Back to 1980'ish and its me and Michael in a rather small looking paddling pool. Love the Y-fronts.
 
Skip forward to 2016 again and its Joshua and Brandon - no Y-fronts in sight.
 
Again looks like circa 1980 and its me and my bro's and sister's plus friends enjoying summer in a paddling pool.
 
Skip forward again to 2016 and its our 3 urchins all enjoying summer time in the paddling pool.
 

No comments: