Thursday 16 February 2017

Lolly Stick Weaving

Last weekend when we was in town Joshua was asking if he could buy some wool and some lolly sticks as he wanted to do some lolly stick weaving crafts which they have been learning at school. I had forgotten all about these things but now that I know what he was on about I remember doing these when I was a kid, only we used pencils rather than lolly sticks. Anyway it is always good to see the kiddies doing some craft activities so I have been encouraging them and even helping out and showing them how us old timers did it with pencils.
 
Joshua showing me his lolly stick weaving that he has learnt at school.

Looking good as he wraps the wool around the sticks.

Brandon having a turn with the multicoloured wool that he chose.

It is always good to see the kids doing craft activities at home instead of being in IPADS, computers or PlayStations.

Some of the finished products which seem to be spreading just about everywhere in the house.

And just in case you forgot how to make these, here is the ABC guide. Literally....

No comments: