Friday 16 March 2018

D.A.D.D - William!




Now that Brandon has quit his swimming club I am trying to make a conscious effort to take the kids swimming of a weekend more frequently. Anyway we last went 2 weeks ago on a Sunday morning and when we got in the pool Holly said hello to this little boy who I had never seen before. The boys Dad came over and we asked how they knew each other and it turned out the boy was called William and goes to the Treehouse Nursery with Holly. Seems innocent enough……..

Well the two of them were pretty much inseparable and played with each other for about an hour in the pool. Then William had to leave and things suddenly went very bad!!!!!!!!!! Holly and William gave each other a hug and a kiss to say goodbye. At this point my fists are clenched so tightly that the knuckles are about to ping out of the skin. Does William not know that this is my youngest child, my only daughter and that he had just signed his own death certificate?

Anyway as if that isn’t bad enough – Treehouse Nursery seem to be adding fuel to the fire. Joking around with us the other day they said that they were considering having a little mock wedding for Holly and William. Every day when I get home from work now and Holly has been to nursery she has a big grin on her face and gets a real kick out of winding me up by saying that she kissed William again. Aaaaaarrrghhhh, I knew this day would come – but not when she is 4 years old.

Luckily this is all innocent fun and believe it or not I can see the lighter side of this, but if Holly was 10 years older it would be a very different story that’s for sure. All I can say is god help any of Holly’s boyfriends that she might have later in life. If ever there was a reason for me to stay fit and healthy, it is to fend off all the boys that come after my little Princess!


No comments: