Saturday 2 February 2019

And Finally Holly's Bedroom is Finished

Well it has only taken about a year and a half, but Holly's bedroom is finally pretty much finished now. Yesterday I fitted a nice new carpet for her and today the new Unicorn lampshades went up. The carpet looks amazing and is pink with flicks of glitter throughout. We bought the carpet from a place called Online Carpets and what a great service. It was a bargain price of £105 for 4m x 5m square with free delivery and it arrived just over a day after ordering it! I am not a trained carpet fitter but I think I have done a pretty good job of her room and by fitting it myself I saved £70. Plus there was enough left in the off cuts to carpet our little en-suite bathroom carpet which is looking a bit tired as its 19 years old!!!

I fitted Holly's carpet whilst she was at school and didn't tell her we was doing it. Luckily I managed to get it done and everything cleared away before she got home from school. We didn't say anything to her as we wanted to see her reaction. When she got in from school and ran upstairs she was pretty much screaming with excitement and shouting for Josh and Brandon to show them. She then said it felt some comfy and soft that she stripped off to just her nickers and was rolling around on her new floor. Looks like Daddy did good.

Really please the way the carpet flows up to the new mirrored wardrobe doors.

I had to work around the bed as it wouldn't fit through the door, but I think the carpet went down very well in the end.

Slowly all of Holly's furniture and toys come back in to her room ready to surprise her when she gets in from school.

This is now her play end of the bedroom.

A little girl was very happy with her finished room fit for any Princess.

No comments: