Thursday 28 February 2019

Level 1 Boxing Coach

They say as one door closes, another door opens and that certainly seems to be the case with me. With Brandon’s football team folding just after Xmas I have not done any coaching since and surprisingly I don’t miss it that much at all. In fact I am enjoying the Saturday mornings off and being able to take Holly dancing instead. We are still at matches on Sunday mornings due to Brandon now playing for the Forest Glade Panthers where he is really shinning as a star player on the team.

But whilst football commitments have reduced, my boxing coaching commitments have increased. Last October I completed my England Boxing Level 1 coaching course (which I successfully passed), so I am now qualified to coach classes and to corner boxers in bouts. Brandon quit boxing some time ago, but Joshua still goes and is really enjoying it so it makes sense for me to get involved with the coaching. So currently I am coaching Joshua’s development group on a Monday and Wednesday night and then once a month I have to help take the adult boxercise class which is good fun. I have also been working with a couple of the National Champions at the club to provide them with Crossfit type of workouts to improve their strength and conditioning. So fingers crossed Joshua now sticks with the boxing, otherwise I have wasted £140 fee for my level 1 course!!!

Now a qualified England Boxing coach with an official Lanyard to be able to corner boxers in bouts.

No comments: