Saturday 20 April 2013

Battlesbridge

Today saw us take a little trip over to Battlesbridge with our country cousin Claire and her daughter Leyla. Despite the temperature being in the low teens we had beautiful crystal clear blue sky and having already been outside playing football for 2 hours, me and Joshua have got sun burnt faces! It was a pleasant trip but to be honest there is not much for kiddies to do and there is only so much walking around antiques that they can take before the boredom sets in. So I had my work cut out for me today as I tried to keep the 3 of them entertained as best as I could.
 
Joshua and Brandon did keep themselves entertained for about 10 minutes playing pretend garages with these old Pratts fuel pumps. I am not sure the shop owner was too pleased and as we left she gave me a very cold look as she had to get up from her chair and put the pump handles back onto the pumps. Stroppy!

 
The boys playing garages with some old fuel pumps.

Brandon filling his imaginary car with diesel.
 
I have always said that for me one of my most memorable manly type experiences which I will never forget and makes you feel really grown up is the very first time you pick up a fuel pump to fill up your own car. I waited 17 years for this feeling, the boys have got to hold a fuel pump at 4 and 5 years old. Still I guess it is best they do this now as by the time they are driving the cars are likely to be fuelled by hydrogen, electric fuel cells or some other carbon free fuel type.

 
Leyla, Joshua and B at the Battlesbridge lock.

Despite the temperature being low teens, the boys follow my suit and don the shorts for the day.

Joshua was most impressed by this rotten old boat.
The car park at Battlesbridge was stacked with a few little gems today. We saw a gorgeous Aston Martin and a nice looking Porche. However mine and the boys favourites was thus stunning little Westfield. Joshua had never seen a car with exhaust pipes running down the side seals before and had a million and one questions about the car. I love it that the boys (especially B) are complete petrol heads. Coming home from Battlesbridge they saw an old muscle car and two wedding cars on the road and got so excited at seeing them. 

The boys admiring the Westfield.

No comments: