Tuesday 17 September 2013

11 Weeks To Go

So with only 11 weeks to go until Bubba arrives I would be lying if I said I wasn’t getting nervous and anxious. In fact I would say I am more apprehensive about baby number 3 than I ever was with Joshua or Brandon. Part of this feeling may be subconscious due to the recent passing of my Mum and Step Dad and the fact that they will never get to meet or know this new addition to the family. It could also be simply the fact that as a family you become a very tightly knit unit and settle into a routine, since it has been nearly 5 years since we added a new family member to our unit part of me worries about how this new addition to our family will change the whole dynamic. For sure Brandon is probably going to feel the biggest change as he has always been the youngest and been the focus of our attention, however he will soon become a middle child and for sure he will feel pushed aside at times with the change in focus on Bubba.

I worry about how I can split my free time between 3 children as I am full on with the two that we currently have. With both Joshua and Brandon I put in a lot of quality time in the early month’s to try and establish that father-son bond with the baby. I think as a Mother the bond is very natural as you spend almost 100% time together and breast feed etc, but a father has to really work on this and I need to accomplish this without compromising the quality time that I already try and devote to Joshua and Brandon. The solution here could be to involve Joshua and Brandon with my baby bonding time so that they also get to build up a relationship with the baby.


People I have spoken to assure me that all these feelings and concerns are completely normal. I have also been advised that Bubba will just slip into our family dynamic and we will all get on with our lives without even realising it. Anyway onwards and upwards, the nursery room is starting to come together and last night I got all of the boxes of new-born and 0-3 months baby clothes out of the garage. It is incredible looking through at some of the tiny clothes and thinking that Joshua and Brandon used to be that small.

No comments: