Sunday 15 September 2013

Market Fruit Stall

I think I have mentioned before on the blog that when ever we go into town I always take the boys onto the market where they are allowed to pick and choose some fruit to eat or take home with them. I love encouraging them to eat healthy and think it is great when they ask me to go to the fruit stall. The ladies that work on the stall are so friendly and love seeing the boys each week. They always ask how they are doing at school etc. This week they both picked their fruit and the lady on the stall really spoilt them and just said they could take the fruit without having to pay for it. It is so nice to see that there are still some very generous people around who also want to encourage the children to eat fruit and be healthy.
 
Anyway this year we have had a really good crop of fruit in our back garden with loads and loads of plums, apples and blackberries. So yesterday I was out in the garden during a rare break in the rain to harvest some of our crop. As I was bringing it indoors Joshua was setting it up as his own little fruit shop in the conservatory. He used the black board to make an "Open" sign and on the opposite side he wrote down all the fruits he had available and the prices to buy them. What a little entrepreneur? Auntie Lisa and Uncle David came around later in the day and both bought and apple from his fruit stall. So the cheeky bugger is making money by selling my crop of garden fruit!
 
Joshua's fruit stall open for trading.

As well as selling my fruit, Joshua was also tucking in to the odd plum or two himself.

No comments: