Sunday 12 July 2015

W.O.D

Well what can I say about last night? Lets just say that I am really looking forward to getting back in my own bed tonight having had very little sleep in the ten with the two boys last night. I thought we picked a good day to camp in the garden with near 26 degree temperatures, but I forgot to check the forecast for the nighttime and had no idea it would be bucketing down with rain all night.
 
Anyway despite the lack of sleep, our Sunday has been a major sporting day. To start the day we had a family swimming session over the Wickford pool and then after lunch we split the family in two. Tina took Holly off to a birthday party she had been invited too (more on this tomorrow) and me and the boys went to an Open Fun Day at a friends gym in Rayleigh called "TruEdge". They had bouncy castles for the kids and some little challenges and tug-of-war events to participate in. The gym itself is equipped with absolutely fantastic equipment and I couldn't resist a few goes on the monkey bars running up and down the corridors!
 
Joshua and Brandon messing around on a bouncy castle.
Down comes Joshua.....
Then Brandon.........
 
 
Inside the gym the boys enjoyed trying out a few new exercises and looked like they were in training for a future World Strongest Man event. Brandon was absolutely obsessed with doing tire flips outside!
 

Joshua and Brandon doing some kettle bell swings in TruEdge.
Love Brandon's stance and the effort he is putting in.
Brandon worked his way up to the biggest tire he could find and was going up and down doing tire flips.
Another rep done.
Building them muscles.
 
I think we need to work on technique and getting that back a bit straighter. Old tires on Brandon's birthday list please.
 
Amazingly Joshua had the strength to pull an unweighted sledge across a grass field. That's no easy task!!!
You can just about see the sledge in the distance.
 
How about this for a monster tire flip by Joshua? Did Joshua get it up on his own???? I want one of these for my Wick Crossfit Gym.
 
 
So once we got home I coked a nice BBQ and then the boys both asked me if they could go out to the garage and do a WOD. For those that don't know, that means "Workout Of the Day" in Crossfit terms. I guess that just goes to show what influence I have over them, what 6 and 7 year old kids ask their Dad to take them into the gym for a WOD on a Sunday afternoon???
 

Starting the WOD with some leg curls followed by a 50m sprint.

Joshua had to double the weight to 4kg's from what Brandon did.

After legs it was on to some chest flyes and then another 50m sprint.

I think we need to beef them arms up.

Joshua getting lean and mean.

Working hard, sore muscles tomorrow.

Then some 2Kg kettle bell swings.

Good technique, nicely up above his head.

Brandon having a go at some plank exercises. Get that bum down!!!

Box jumps, always good to get the heart rate up.

Joshua doing some plank work.

That's my boys, Joshua doing a plank and Brandon doing box press-ups at Wick Crossfit.
 

1 comment:

Nicky xxx said...

The boys are definitely following in their dad's footsteps! Great pics and looks like lots of fun had by all xxx