Saturday 27 February 2016

Free Clothes and the WOD Board

This is going to sound really bad, but when you consider Holly is over two years old we have actually bought very little clothes for her. Tina has some really good contacts within the school Mum’s circle and it is amazing the number of them that have just given us a bag load of clothes which their little girl has out grown and would have otherwise gone to the charity shop. Most of it is in such good condition and looks brand new having either hardly been worn or outgrown so quickly. This week’s haul was yet another bag of lovely clothes which will keep Holly going for another 3-6 months.

 
Holly's pile of donated clothes.

And a selection of shoes to accompany them.

 

Holly is really doing well at her swimming club lately and I had the rare pleasure of taking her during the half term week. It is amazing how much she has progressed and how confident she is since I last saw her. I have very few regrets about leaving the David Lloyd gym, but missing my family swimming time is definitely one of them. I promised myself I would try and keep taking them at the weekend but the public pools are never open outside of the football training / matches time making it near impossible!! Holly is also still really enjoying her little abs club and below is her latest creation.


Holly's latest art work from her Little Abs club.


Finally for today I think Joshua and Brandon are now hooked on Crossfit and WOD’s after their half term experience down Rayleigh Crossfit. Last night I made a deal with them that if they finished their homework they could each write out their own WOD and then we headed out to the garage to get it done. Brandon’s WOD was a 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 rep increasing range for squats, kettle bell swings, toes to bar, press ups and burpees. Joshua’s entailed the same exercises with a different rep range plus he was incorporating several 100m runs in between. They enjoyed their WOD’s so much and it’s great to see them having fun and doing exercise. They stuck their WOD sheets up on my WOD board in the garage gym as shown below. The neighbours were looking out of their window and must of thought I was some sort of Sargent Major drill instructor forcing my kids into a brutal regime of after school exercise!!!

The boys stuck their hand writing WOD sheets onto my WOD whiteboard in the garage.

No comments: