Friday 5 February 2016

Garage Door & Sore Head

Last night we had our parents evening for the two boys and I have to say that both of their reports were extremely good. They are both well behaved, progressing will and either on track for where they need to be or slightly ahead. Brandon is in top set for maths, his Topic book had some absolutely amazing work in it and really the only thing we need to be working on is getting his reading less robotic. Joshua is now concentrating much harder and adding more detail to his work, his topic book looked very good and he is still showing a strong tendency for maths as well. The main thing to work on with Joshua is getting his hand writing neater.
 
Anyway once we got home Tina, Brandon and Holly went in doors whilst me and Joshua went to the garage to put the buggy away. To cut a long story short the garage door broke about 4 weeks ago and then 2 weeks ago me and Joshua repaired it by fitting some new cones/cables and then retentioning the spring. After repairing the door and re greasing everything we had done such a good job that the door opens and closes with a feather touch. Well last night I put the buggy in the garage, turned the light out and then as I turned around Joshua could not see at it was dark in the garage and dark outside and subsequent pulled the garage door down. It dropped with speed smacking me over the head and dropping me to the floor screaming in pain and yelling things at Joshua which I probably should not have said.
 
After squirming around on the floor for a while I realised my hand which was holding my head was feeling very wet. When I looked at my hand it looked like it had been dipped in a pot of red paint. So I shut up the garage and ran to the front garden to get Tina to grab a load of tissue to soak up the blood and get some pressure on the cut to stop the bleeding. Holly came to the front door and saw the blood and pointed to my head saying "Ouch" - so funny. Anyway after 5 mins or so the bleeding stopped and then I downed some Nurofen to get rid of the crippling headache.
 
Once I was cleaned up we finished dinner and got the kiddies to bed. Then Tina being Tina made me go up A&E as she was worried about concussion and also whether my head needed stitching or gluing. So after a 5.5 hour wait in A&E I was eventually seen and they shaved some hair back, glued the wound and then applied some butterfly strips. Lisa and David kindly waited with me at the hospital and gave me a lift home at around 1:15am!!!
 
Joshua was really upset that he had A) hurt me badly and B) with the way I shouted at him. So I had to have a chat with him and apologise for shouting at him and explaining it was an accident. I told him that we had done too good a job at fixing the garage door. I told him that it was much better that he had done it to me as opposed to the other way around as it could have done a lot more damage to him and I would have felt really bad.
 

The before A&E picture once I had stopped the bleeding.
 
The after 5 hours at A&E picture with a shaved head, glued wound and 6 butterfly stitches.

No comments: