Saturday 7 July 2018

It's Coming Home, It's Coming Home - Russia 2018

World Cup Fever has taken England by storm this summer as Russia 2018 has been nothing but sensational so far. It has been a World Cup full of surprises with shocking scorelines and some being teams being knocked out in the early stages. Germany went out in the qualifiers and that was shortly followed by Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Portugal in the knockout stages.

I think in my entire lifetime I have only ever known England to reach one semi-final back in Italia 1990 and have lived with disappointment. The kids don't know just how lucky they are to have today witnessed England beating Sweden 2-0 to make it into the semi finals where England will be meeting either the hosts Russia or Croatia. We watched today match down the FG clubhouse and was joined by Nicky, Zoe and Nick. The atmosphere was amazing and it was great seeing everyone singing "It's coming home" and and shouting "England" every time someone set off the air horn. Roll on Wednesdays semi-final.

A couple of weeks ago I was in France and I always try and buy the kids a little present. With the World Cup in full swing I bought them new World Cup school ruck sacks, Joshua Brazil and Brandon Portugal - both of which have been eliminated! Maybe I should have got them France and England.

I thought I had hedged my bets with winning teams buying the boys Brazil and Portugal ruck sacks, I should have got them France and England!

Watching the football down the Forest Glade clubhouse in a big crowd. Incredible atmosphere.

Holly with her England face paint on as World Cup fever grips England.

We are proud to have our house decorated with St Georges crosses as England progress further through a World Cup tournament than they have since 1990.

No comments: