Sunday 5 July 2020

My New Little Workout Buddy

Since lock down began back in late Feb / early March I have been training at home in my garage gym. Despite sometime lacking motivation I have forced myself to use it 6 times per week and absolutely love it. Having had my birthday during lock down helped as I managed to add to some new equipment with a wall ball and slam ball, plus I built a 24" box jump and a wall for doing hand stand push ups against.

To try and keep to some sort of routine I set my alarm for 6:15 everyday and usually hit the gym around 6:30 for an hour or so. Holly usually wakes up shortly after me and will more often than not head out to the garage (knowing I am there training) and then join me for a workout. She watches what I do and just makes up her own little workout along with a bit of cycling and running thrown in to the mix. 

So who would have thought that despite having two sons, my new home workout buddy has become my 6 year old daughter. Sometimes it can be a bit dangerous in there when I am heavy lifting, but I don't want to discourage her from training. Although she can be a real pain at time as the girl can talk for Britain and just doesn't shut up at times, I can be in the middle of a hard WOD blowing out of my you know what, and she will want to start asking me questions!!!!

Holly working on them guns.

She copied this exercise purely from watching me, I didn't show her or tell her what to do.

A bit of bench press. Talk about competitive, she has to do more reps than me.

And even some overhead lifting. Love my little training buddy.

No comments: