Sunday 10 July 2022

My Little Gym Buddy Practicing Gymnastics

My little gym buddy still often joins me in the Shark Gym and now that we have the whole garage as a gym it is much safer for her to be in there whilst I am training. Albeit she still distracts me a lot with her talking and disturbing me mid WOD when I tell her to leave me alone! But I have to encourage her and be positive as it is really good that she likes using the gym.

Lately she tends to practice her gymnastics more than anything else. Earlier this week she set a new record in the low rings by hanging upside down for a whopping 75 seconds!!! I tried doing it for 60 seconds and it isn't easy (especially on your grip).

Then today was a major achievement as she wanted t learn rope climbs which can typically take people weeks to months to learn as your progress through the scales. Not Holly, she nailed it in about 15 mins. I started getting her doing some rope arm pulls from a lying position to a standing position. We then sat her on a bench in front of the rope to practice her foot work and locking the rope in between her two feet to push up with your legs.

Then she simply put the two together and was off managing 4-5 rope pulls to reach the rafters in the ceiling. What is more impressive is Brandon tried it in the week and couldn't manage one pull, so she is beating her older brother!!!!

Nut case hanging upside down for 75 seconds like a bat on a tree.

Most people take weeks to months to learn rope climbing technique.

Holly nails it in about 15 minutes!

At times she flails around with her legs and loses the rope.

Good action shot as she jumps up for another climb.

No comments: