Saturday 2 March 2024

Half Term Romford Dog Racing

Once again I have fallen way behind on the blog updates. Anyway during half term we decided to have a family evening out at Romford Dogs having not been for many years. It was a struggle to get Joshua out of the house, but he actually really enjoyed the evening.

The place has changed a lot since we last went and the seating area which was closest to the car park has now been demolished and replaced by a car park. Then there is a whole new stadium area built on the opposite side of the track. 

We started the evening off with some drinks and a little bit of food before diving in to the 12 race card. Obviously the kids are too young to place bets so as usual they were picking out their respective dogs and I would put the bets on for them. From a better perspective we didn't do too badly, I think I ended the night about £13 down on what I had taken out with me for betting. However by the time I had paid for entry, food, 2 rounds of drinks - it was definitely not a cheap evening.

Good fun though and a nice way t spend an evening with the family whilst Tina had some time off of work.
Not many pictures from Romford Dogs - but here is a sneaky one I took of the other 4 watching a race.

And they are off. We always watch the races outside the stadium as the atmosphere is much better (you just have to put up with the smell of smoking!).

No comments: