Friday, 21 August 2026

A Mummy & Daughter Day in London

I'm a little behind with the blog updates since returning from Morocco, so it's time to catch up on what we've been getting up to during the remainder of the school summer holidays.

After we got back, Holly came up with a list of things she'd like to do during the six-week break. One of her requests was a Mummy and Daughter day in London, with a visit to one of the museums.

So, a couple of weeks ago, Tina and Holly headed into London and spent the afternoon at the Natural History Museum. From what I could gather, they had a really enjoyable time, although I'm not entirely convinced Holly picked the museum she actually had in mind!

I think what she was really looking for was something more focused on the history of different countries, nations and cultures, rather than dinosaurs, animals and natural history. So, it looks like we'll probably have to revisit this idea and find another museum that is a little more suited to what she had in mind.

It also sounds like their day in London was somewhat shorter than I was expecting. By the time they'd got themselves organised and caught the train into London, it was apparently well after 1pm, and they were already arranging to be picked up from the station at around 7pm. I had visions of them making a full day of it and arriving home much later!

So, all things considered, it was starting to look like a rather expensive trip into London for a McDonald's lunch and a few hours in a museum! 😂

Unfortunately, I can't really provide much of a commentary on the day as I was at work and couldn't join them. Holly wasn't feeling particularly great either, which probably explains why they didn't stay out quite as long as planned.

Still, they seemed to have enjoyed their Mummy and Daughter day, and I'm sure we'll have another attempt at the London museum challenge soon—this time with a museum that hopefully ticks a few more of Holly's boxes!

For now, I'll leave you with the handful of photos they sent me from their day out.









No comments: