Monday 11 February 2008

Tour-de-Wick

Firstly before I get into the subject of this blog update - two MAJOR new developments. Firstly Joshua rolled over for the first time tonight. I think it was more by accident than anything else. I had him laying on his belly and somehow he did a mini push-up lifting his head fairly high, then sort of swept one of his arms out of the way to roll onto his back with a little head bump. He didn't know whether to cry or just sit there in amazement wondering what had happened!

Secondly, last night we started Joshua on a supplement of formula milk just for his dream feed. The idea being that he digests this a bit slower and we get a better nights sleep. Last night I gave him 125ml of formula at 10:30 and it was enough to see him through to 4am when he woke for another feed. We will keep the formula dream feed up for a week and see if it helps his sleeping.

Anyway onto this blog update: Well as you all saw from a the previous updates that it will be sometime before Joshua is riding my bike. However we have now booked our first holiday as a family to Centre Parks in Thetford and whilst we are there our main mode of transport will be push bikes and therefore I was challenged with finding a suitable way of accommodating Josh. Anyway I stumbled across this neat little bike seat called a Quokka and thought it was really cool. The major benefit with this design from most others is twofold really. Firstly Joshua can see more than just my backside as he will be sitting in front of me (there is an added advantage here in that he is no longer downwind of my farts!). Secondly I can see Joshua all the time and can talk to him and point things out etc. which would normally be extremely difficult in the traditional rear mounted bike seats. The next challenge is to now find a small enough child cycle helmet!

Anyway check in for tomorrow's blog update as there are some corking pictures to go on here.

No comments: