Thursday 29 January 2009

Brandon Michael King was Born

It gives me great pleasure to present to you the first pictures of our new son who was born today at 2:21pm in Basildon Hospital (2 weeks earlier than his due date). Joshua's younger brother weighed in at a tiny 6lb 4 oz (a whole 3lb lighter than Joshua) and has been named Brandon Michael King. Tina was absolutely phenomenal and me and Joshua are extremely proud of her. Both Tina and Brandon are doing very well and so far he is sleeping and eating extremely well. I had the pleasure of his first nappy change just before leaving and even the newborn nappies seem to swamp the little guy.

The very proud Dad.

For me today has been one of the most emotional days of my life. With the birth of our second son, events at work and Mum having her cancer surgery today - its all been a bit too much to handle and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't shed a secret tear or two. There were times where I didn't think I would hold together but had to remain strong to support Tina through the delivery. Brandon coming into our lives is a beautiful experience and if he is anything like his bigger brother then I will look forward to every day with our new family. But for now my thoughts go out to my Mum and hope that she has a speedy recovery from the surgery and that she will get to meet the new family member as soon as possible.

The very proud and exhausted Mum.

Auntie Shahinah and Mark pay a visit to see Brandon.

I would also like to thank Auntie Nicky, Uncle Michael, Auntie Lisa and Uncle David for visiting today and for all the wonderful text messages and phone calls we have received.
Big Bro gets his first glimpse of his new play buddy (me and my boys!).

Hummm, that smile looks very mischievious to me.............
We "Four Kings" - the very first picture of our new family of four.

Roll on 10am tomorrow when I can visit Tina and Brandon again. For now its time for me to celebrate with a beer or two and get everything in the house ready for their return home tomorrow. Fingers crossed I might get some sleep as well. Just as a final thought before I turn in for the night - as I think most people will know I love Joshua more than life itself and would give everything up for the little man if I had too. Now that Brandon has come along I almost feel like I am cheating on Joshua by wanting to love Brandon. Its a really weird feeling and something which I am going to have to come to terms with over the next few days and weeks.

No comments: