Wednesday 22 July 2009

Tour De England

Forget the Tour De France now - Bradley Wiggins has slipped to 6th and Cavendesh has lost the green jersey. So lets concentrate on the British interest in the Tour De England.

On Sunday me and Michael cycled 52 miles from London to Southend in an impressive 2 hours 48 mins. At the finish in Priory Park we were greeted by some of the family and of course my two little boys. I only hope that the two boys grow up as close together as me and Min and also participate in these kind of events - maybe even dragging their old man along behind if he isn't past it by then!!!! I live in fear of the day that either Joshua or Brandon can beat me in a physical challenge - I am sure the day will come though. That aside It would be great to one day complete one of the big 50-100 mile charity rides with my two boys.

As much as I would love to see the boys involved in these kind of activities - lets all hope that they do not follow Min's choice of attire with the black mankini..........

Anyway here we are at the start of the race. Heads down as both me and Min try to locate the cleats in our pedals.

Right the cleats are in, time to hit the open road.

After 52 miles of cycling (the last 7 or so into a bitter head wind) - we both arrived at the finish.

Here are the boys waiting at the finish to see their Daddy and Uncle.

Here is Joshua giving his Dad's bike the post race inspection (and getting his hands and face all greasy in the process!).

After the pre-race inspection it was time for Joshua to don the cycle helmet and show everyone how it is done properly.
Brandon was just catching some rays and practicing his hand to eye co-ordination by playing with anything within his grasp.

No comments: