Friday 3 July 2009

Stay Cool

Firstly lets talk briefly about the passing of Michael Jackson this time last week. Although I am not the greatest fan I have to admit that I love some of his songs and without a shadow of a doubt he has been the megastar of my era. His passing has made me realise that I have an important duty to teach Joshua and Brandon about Michael and his music. Similarly I think it is equally important they grow up to appreciate other legendary artists such as Freddy Mercury (Queen). I was too young to appreciate Elvis but when Elvis passed away a lot of people said there would never be anyone like him. Well there was John Lennon, Freddy and Michael to name a few. So the exciting thing for Joshua and Brandon to look forward too is that there WILL be megastars of their era. I am not sure it will be anyone out there right now - although if Ozzy doesn't hang up the gloves soon who knows!!!!

Anyway onto the heat wave!!!! This week has been a scrocher and we are starting to realise that the loft gets a bit warm. So the ceiling fans and extra windows were well thought out if you ask me. Fingers crossed the top floor will stay equally warm in the winter. Anyway to help the boys cool down in the garden we finally decided to buy them a paddling pool. Boy it seems like only yeaterday that the four of us (me, Nicky, Lisa and Min) were playing in paddling pools and now I have my own two boys doing the same. Joshua absolutely loved it as you can see from these pictures.



No comments: