Friday 3 August 2012

Nursery Olympics 2012

One of the great things about London 2012 Olympics is the fact that the boys are getting exposed to so many different and new sports that they have never seen before. Usually at dinner time we always sit at the kitchen table and I insist on strictly no TV. However I have made an exception for the Olympics because A) I really want to watch as much as possible and B) I think it is great for the boys to see as much as possible. 2 nights ago we was sitting at the table eating dinner and watching the gymnastics, The boys have never seen anything like this before and were completely amazed at how people can jump and spin in the air. They were in complete disbelief at what the athletes were doing on the high rings, pummel horse and parallel bars and were asking lots of questions like, "How do they do that?" and "Can you do that Daddy?". The later question I clearly responded with a YES! Anyway it shows just how much they took in as after dinner the got on the floor and started rolling around telling me to watch them doing their gymnastics.

Anyway on Thursday the boys also had their first Sports Day as the nursery held an Olympics event for the children. Unfortunately I missed the event as we only had a days notice and I just couldn't get the time off of work, but Tina took the boys along and managed to get a few pictures for the blog. As I could not make it to their sports day I did however take them over the park the night before for a little training session to practise some running, egg and spoon race and the hat race! For the first time ever I taught Joshua how to push off doing a crouching start to a running race rather than an upright standing start.

Joshua and Brandon at the start line ready to do the running race whilst holding a flag and the Olympic torch.

And they are off, storming around the outside bend, hand in hand.

Joshua proudly showing off his Olympic medal.

And Brandon with his medal.
The boys are very proud of their medals and have insisted on hanging them up in the hallway with all my cycling and running medals!

No comments: