Sunday 12 August 2012

Suicide Aqua Slide

Another scorcher of a weekend so it was out with the aqua slide for the first time this year in order to keep the boys cooled down. However this year the boys are that much bigger and more robust and that meant I had to up the anti a bit. So with a bit of Daddy's ingenuity I strategically positioned their slide such that they had there own suicide aqua slide in the back garden. Who needs expensive water parks????

Joshua didn't hesitate and was first to blast down the slide and onto the aqua track, nearly making it to the chequered line.

Brandon climbed to the top of the slide and took one look down at the drop from the decking onto the aqua slide and wasn't having any of it. So to convince him to have a go I told him I would wait at the bottom of the slide and catch him. This worked a treat and he was off............. the lighter body weight seemed to result in less drag than Joshua and therefore Brandon had no trouble getting all the way to the chequered line. Once he had overcome the fear of the initial slide he was up and down like a yo-yo.

Brandon picking up speed as he zooms down the aqua slide.

No washing up liquid needed as the aqua slide mat has water jets all the way down its length.

This is how to keep cool on a hot day. Oh how I wished I could have been a kid again and gone up that slide myself.

No comments: