Friday 2 November 2012

Driving Range

The typical bedtime routine in our house is to bath or wash the boys, then clean their teeth, then we alternate between who puts Josh and who puts Brandon to bed and this usually involves reading a couple of stories and then laying with them until they finally drop off to sleep. However for the first time tonight we managed to settle both boys to bed, read them their stories and then leave them in the rooms still awake to go to sleep on their own. Some would argue that being 3 and 5 years old we should have done this a long time ago, but on the flip side it is also very nice to just lay there with them until they fall asleep in your arms.
 
Anyway that has nothing to do with the driving range. Today was Joshua's last day off during his first half term break from school. We took both the boys to watch Madagascar 3 this afternoon but earlier in the day whilst Brandon was at nursery I decided to take Joshua down the driving range with me. We took it in turns alternating shots as we ploughed through a bucket of 50 balls and despite the fact that Joshua was using my clubs (which are much too big for him), he was still getting the balls up in the air and hitting them maybe 15 or 20ft. If he continues to show an interest in golf then maybe I need to invest in some junior size clubs (a letter to Santa maybe).
 
Joshua's back swing as he watches his ball.
Action shot as he drives through the ball. Looks like we need to work on his grip and stance a bit.
Was it hockey or golf that we are practising!
Josh sends one off down the range. He was fascinated by the ball machine that pops the golf balls up out of the ground.
Fortunately for me I had one decent shot when on about my 4th attempt I managed to nail one of the tyres right through the middle from about 50 yards away. So despite my general very poor golf I managed to save a bit of face with Josh as he got to witness his Dad make at least one good shot.

No comments: