Thursday 1 November 2012

Pumpkin Carving

With Joshua now being at school I am often writing about how much he seems to be learning and developing. As a result of this it is easy to overlook some of Brandon's achievements. However when I picked him up from nursery today, Brandon and his teacher was extremely proud to present to me this piece of paper with his name on it. Just how good is the little guys letters getting.
 
Brandon learning to write his name. Very impressed with the bottom one which does not have a highlighter guide.
Anyway it might be a day late but as I was looking after Joshua today I decided to let him loose on one of our pumpkins. Initially I showed him how to top it and scoop out the interior. Then my intention was to just let him play around with the stick on face parts to make up some scary spooks. However he saw me carving away at my pumpkin and wanted to try something a little more advanced. So I let him use two of the safe child friendly pumpkin knifes to do his first proper carving.

Firstly Joshua used the push on face bits to make his pumpkin.

Sitting back and admiring his work wondering what to do next.

He soon decides to strip off the stick on face and attack his pumpkin with a safety knife.

Here is Joshua's finished pumpkin. Everything you see was cut out with his very own hands with no help what so ever from me.
 
When Brandon got home from nursery I also helped him do his pumpkin however he did have to stick with the push-on face pieces as I was not letting him use a knife. 

Brandon's objective appeared to be to make as many faces as possible on his pumpkin.

Pushing a pair of eyes into his pumpkin.

And the finished piece. I think he ended up with 3.5 faces on his pumpkin.
I also managed to finish my latest Halloween masterpiece. However you will have to wait until Saturday for the reveal.

No comments: