Monday 19 November 2012

Hide N Seek

Finally my new conservatory toy box / bench seats are finished. At the weekend I added all of the hinges, safety soft close dampers and the edging strips. I have to say I am very proud of my creation. It didn't take long to fill the storage area with toys, but the house is now so much tidier.
 

 
However the boys have found another use for the storage areas rather than using them for toys. Anyone fancy a game of hide n seek?
 
Little B hiding in one of the all tower sections of my bench seat.
I put the lid on top to hide him completely and then we called Joshua into the conservatory to find him. At first Joshua was completely mythed as to where his brother was hiding, that was until a little voice shouted out "I'm in here"!. Brandon still has not grasped the concept of keeping quiet when playing hide n seek,

Of course once Brandon has had a go then Joshua also has to have a go. It was pretty obvious where Joshua was going to hide.

Now you see me now you don't. All crouched down and ready for the lid.
 
On a slightly different subject when I let Joshua sit in the front of the car with me he often asks if he can do the gears for me. Talk about lazy driving, it is like driving an auto as he has learnt all of the gears and basically all I have to do is shout a number and he changes gear for me. The only gear he cannot quie get yet is reverse.
 
Again changing the subject we are very strict on the boys when it comes to road safety. On Friday we was out in the car and the boys got to see a young girl curled up at the side of the road being attended to by the police having recently been knocked over. It was quite a shocking scene for the boys to see, but one which we used to further drill home the message about road safety. As we continued our journey there was a million ond one questions from the boys about the incident and what they had seen. It is horrible to see a young girl in this situation but on the plus side I would rather my boys learn from someone elses misfortune than to be the one on the other end of the car bonnet. I hope to god the message got through and the boys stay safe.

No comments: