Saturday 29 June 2013

Little Firemen

Despite feeling like death warmed up today I had promised the boys faithfully I would take them to the Chelmsford Fire Station Open Day. So after football club I drugged myself up and off we headed. As it turned out it was a great day out and I think the fresh air did me good.
 
 
My two little fireman on board one of the display engines.

As usual there were bouncy castles and hammer/bell competitions to get the kids shouting "I want...." and to relieve your wallet of some hard earnt cash. Both boys won a prize on the hammer / bell although surprisingly Brandon was the only one who made the bell ring.

Both boys burning off so steam on the bouncy castle.

At this years display they had a Stansted Airport Fire Engine on show and the driver was remotely operating the camera / hose to mingle amongst the crowds.

Joshua and B inside the Stansted Airport fire engine.

Also new for this year they had set up a wooden house with a real fireman's housing and were allowing all of the kids to see what it is like to be a real fireman.

Brandon went first and need to a little extra support with the weight and force of the hose.

Fireman B concentrating hard.

This was his view of the pretend fire in the wooden house.

Then it was Joshua's turn...

.....he needed no help holding the hose.

Although it looks like his aim was a little off.

This was the range that they had to aim the hose to hit the house.

Finally my little boys enjoying some more time in one of the fire engine cabs.

No comments: