Sunday 18 May 2014

Little Robin Hood

After football club this weekend me and Joshua were playing around in the garden and I decided to dust off the older archery set for the first time in ages. To start with Joshua used his toy bow along side me, then we advanced to the next stage of letting him fire my arrows from his toy bow, then finally he got to fire my arrows using my bow (much to Tina's horror). I gave him a very stern safety talk before we started and he really enjoyed himself. Obviously the bow is far to heavy for him to hold/aim on his own and the string itself is too hard for him to pull all the way back to the nock. Therefore I was assisting him by holding the bow with his hand on top of my lead hand, then my other hand would support his body whilst he pulled the string back as far as he could.
 
Joshua was keen to fire my bow unassisted but he need to build up his muscles a bit first.

We set-up a target board with pictures of ships to aim at. I think we only made two holes in the new garden fence!!

Me assisting Joshua and providing him support so that he could fire an arrow for real.

Good aim and concentration as Joshua is about to sink another ship.
Whilst we were in the garden, Holly was inside and had managed to move her walker for the first time ever. The little girl has figured out how to driver her legs back and can now push her walker in a backwards directions across the living room floor. Quite impressive really because the walker is not that mobile (in my opinion) and only has coaster wheels at the front. The back wheels are fixed and seems to make it the most unmovable walker ever! It has made me realise how much Holly has grown as I remember when she first went in this walker and looking at her thinking her feet will never reach the floor. Well that didn't take long did it? 

Holly has grown so much her feet can now touch the floor.

Driving her legs back and pushing the walker backwards across the living room floor.

1 comment:

Nicky xxx said...

I had a go at archery once on holiday and was absolutely useless so maybe you could train me along with Joshua hehe.
Wow, Holly is progressing so quickly, clever little girl xxx