Wednesday 25 April 2018

Brandon the Sleep Walker


It looks like Brandon takes after his old man with sleep walking habits!!! Just lately we have had 2 or 3 very weird incidents of sleep walking with little Bee, one of which could have ended badly with me clumping him up!
 
The first two incidents occurred at around 11pm whilst we were downstairs and the kids were all in bed. On the first occasion Brandon walked in to the living room, eyes wide open and started accusing Joshua of soaking his school bag. The second time was another weird one where he was sleep walking and looking for Mum worried that she had been left behind on a water slide. On both occasions we have quickly realised he was sleep walking and safely ushered him back up to his bedroom.
 
The most recent incident really got my heart racing though. We always double lock the doors downstairs when we go to bed and also put the house alarm on to alert us if any intruders were to ever break in. Well it was 1:15 in the morning and everyone was sound asleep. All of a sudden the house alarm goes off waking everyone up in a panic. I quickly jumped out of bed (completely naked) and ran to the top of the stairs in the pitch black where I suddenly heard footsteps coming up the stairs. A chill went down my spine and my heart rate shot through the roof as I thought someone had broken in and was heading upstairs. So I loaded up in a fighting stance ready to throw everything at the oncoming intruder just thinking that I had to protect the family and that I would have an advantage being on higher ground. Then who comes walking (sleep walking that is) around the stairs - yes Brandon!!!! He had sleep walked downstairs setting off the alarm and was heading back to his room still asleep. If only he knew how close he had come to being "Lamped" by his old man.
 
The next morning we had a laugh about it and Brandon had no idea what had gone on or that he had even got out of his bed, let alone his bedroom.

No comments: