Friday 31 October 2008

Trick or Treat

Not much to update the blog with this week. I have been a bit busy and have not given the blog much thought to be honest. Anyway Joshua had had a good week at the nursery (apart from having another bout of conjunctivitis!) and has been doing some more painting, playing in sand and having his photo taken by a photographer. He has also been swimming with Daddy twice this week after finishing work. On Thursday when I picked him up he did the most adorable thing ever. I picked him up to give him a cuddle and he placed his head on my shoulder for a hug. This was nice enough, but then I went on to talk to one of the staff to discuss his eating, sleep, nappies etc for the day. Because I was talking to her and not paying him any attention he put his hand on the side of my face, physically pulled my head around and gave me a big slobbery kiss!!!


We have also decided this week to try teaching Joshua some very basic sign language as I have read that babies can pick this up much quicker than verbal communication and it obviously helps out with understanding their needs. So we are trying a few signals for food, drink, sleep, going in the car and that kind of thing. I will keep you posted if he picks up on any of them and starts using them.

Finally here are some pictures of the little guy in his new Halloween costume - meet Count Dracula Junior!!!! Thanks to Nanny & Grandad for buying the costume for Joshua's first night out trick or treating. Be afraid, be very afraid. He may not bite you to death, but he will have a good go at kissing you to death.





And here are the spoils for one nights work, not bad eh!

And just in case you have forgotten, this was the little guy almost a year ago to the day and only a few weeks old at his very first Halloween all dressed up as a little pumpkin. My how he has changed in a year?

No comments: