Wednesday 25 February 2009

Shrove Tuesday

As any parent will know there are some very special moments with your children which you cherish forever. With Joshua there have been many of these for me over the last 16 months. But yesterday at the swimming pool he caught me with a real magical moment. He was playing in the baby pool and decided to toddle over to the main pool by himself. He then crouched down to touch the water and you could see he was contemplating jumping in. Everyone in the pool stopped to watch what his next move would be. Well he sat down on the edge of the pool, then rolled himself into the water, he started treading water and turned around to face me at pool side with a big beaming grin on his face knowing he had just achieved something massive. His face was just a picture, he was so proud of himself that he went on to do it a second time!!

Anyway yesterday as you know was Shrove Tuesday and this was Joshua's first opportunity to try out some of Mum's homemade pan cakes. We also gave him a toddler fork to try and get the hang of stabbing food. He seemed to enjoy little bits of the pan cake and soon got the idea of a fork.

"OK what do I do with the spiky thing in my right hand and what the hell are you feeding me in my left hand?"


"I see, the pancake goes on the fork, and the fork goes to my mouth - this is easy!"


"Oh I give up with the fork, its much quicker using my fingers, and its more fun!"

Brandon is still doing well. To me he is losing his baby wrinkles now and has a very cute baby face developing. On Friday this week we need to take him back to the hospital for a check up on his feet and then next Monday he has got to get his hearing re-checked. We also plan on getting him weighed this Friday to see whether he has finally recovered back to his birth weight.

1 comment:

kismet said...

Well done josh you will be swimming in the olympics soon. Bet daddy and everyone at the pool loved that. Hope Brandon gets on ok no wonder hes lost the baby wrinkles as hes putting on weight. once again well done and i love the fridge letters luv nanny xxx