Friday 11 May 2012

Catch Phrase


One thing you realise with young children is that they have no subtlety or sensitivity about what they say. They are kind of like the old TV programme “Catch Phrase” where they “say what you see”. Last night at the dinner table Brandon was a prime example of this and came out with a classic one. You see I am over 40 now and have hair growing in places where generally speaking hair shouldn’t be growing. So I am sitting next to the little lad helping feed him and he comments that I have cob webs up my nose – referring to my nasal hair!!!! Cheeky little bugger. I guess the nose hair trimmer will be coming out tonight.

Brandon has also acquired a real taste for chocolate and is a bit of a chocoholic (given the chance) like his Mum. Once a week as a treat I tend to make the boys these little saucy chocolate pot cake using Mascaponi cheese and Brandon is absolutely addicted to them. You can pretty much guarantee that once he has finished his dinner, if you ask him what he wants for pudding then he will say chocolate cake. Earlier this week whilst Joshua was at pre-school Brandon was making some chocolate cakes with his Mummy. I use the word “making” very loosely as you can see from the pictures he was probably eating/licking more of the cake mix than what he was actually baking.

He is like a little puppy dog lapping up the last scraps of chocolate.

The clothes had to come off as they were covered in chocolate.

The aftermath............chocolate covered Brandon.

No comments: