Wednesday 2 May 2012

New Slide

One thing which has really surprised me of late is just how good the boys memories are. I do not remember anything from when I was 3 to 4 years old – but then that was over 35 years ago! They seem to be able to recall the smallest details from various trips or holidays from ages ago. A classic example of this occurred a few weeks ago when the song “In the jungle, the mighty jungle” came on the radio. Both boys recognised the song from the dolphnarium show which we watched in Spain. So I have now downloaded the song and put it on Joshie’s Innotab so that they can listen to it whenever they like.

Joshua is starting to show a bit of an interest in music now and regularly tries singing along to songs and even breaking out and busting a move or two (clearly he doesn’t get this from his rhythm less, two left footed Dad. Two of his other favourite songs at the moment are AC/DC “Thunderstruck”, and also “I like to move it, move it” which he recognises from the film Madagasca.

As the weather was so lousy last weakened I set-up my small 2 man tent in the living room for the boys to play in. They really got into the indoor camping and kitted the tent out with cushions, bean bags, drinks, toys. Then Joshua set his Innotab up so that they could play music in their tent. They were both happily playing away in the tent listening to “In the jungle” and “I Like to move it” etc. The boys are really getting excited about our first proper camping trip which we now have booked for early July. Should be good fun.

Courtesy of Nick at work our garden has now been graced with yet another large toy as the boys were generously given this rather large blue slide. Despite it raining the night I bought it home both boys were adamant they were going to have a go on it and were up and down it like a yo-yo. Wet bums did not deter them from repeatedly sliding down and in the end I had to drag them off the slide as bed time was looming. Place you bets on A) who will be first to go down it head first, B) who will be first to fall off of it and C) who will be first to start zooming cars and other toys down it?


Brandon all set for his first slide.

And he's off, smiling all the way.

Then Joshua's turn. We have told them only one person at a time on the slide to hopefully prevent accidents.

As big as this slide is, Joshua still looks too big for it. However he fits it perfect and seems to get plenty of speed going down it.
The two boys then insisted that Daddy had a go on the slide. I initially told them no as I am too big and it would be too dangerous. But they kept on and on, so who am I to turn down a challenge. So up I went. 

With 13.5 stone at the top the slide was extremely wobbly to say the least.


This was no thrill ride and was actually quite painful given that my bum really didn't fit in the slide. Still the boys were happy and impressed that Daddy had a go on their slide.
Roll on when summer breaks properly though because I have a couple of good ideas. For example having their slide plunging into the paddling pool, or putting the slide at the start of their water slide mat to zoom them down the garden. I think we should keep Basildon A&E busy this summer!!!!

No comments: